Pages

Friday, March 2, 2018

Modernizing and Re-Imagining Creatures

Along with the early work on the new norn breed, which I'm calling Alkali norns (because of heir behavioral and visual likeness to the alkali metals on the periodic table of elements) I'm also considering doing mock-ups of what a modern Creatures game might look like. Or, at least what I'd want it to look like.

Having said that, I'm working on a 3D model of a norn, based very closely on the Creatures 3 and Docking Station norn sprites, which I plan on importing into Unreal Engine 4, to get a feel for what a 2.5D and full-3D norn might look like in a contemporary tripe-A 3D game engine.

The Unreal Creatures Project, as I'm calling it, is probably never going to be anything more than a visual tech demo (i.e. there won't be any gameplay) showcasing the model, a small environment with props, and animations for the models. Never-the-less, if I feel like I can take it further than that, or if someone wants to help me with that, I'm open to the possibility.

Below are the screenshots of the initial setup in Blender:


No comments:

Post a Comment